Utility and Energy
Introducing any change successfully requires experience in understanding how to effectively integrate the “old” with the “new.” Nimble Consulting has successfully partnered with clients in various industries experiencing significant change – whether driven by new strategy, new leaders, new markets or innovative ideas, shifting customer demands, the economy or regulatory factors. Our projects typically last 1-2 years. Here are a few of the clients we have worked with.
Snapshot of Project Qualifications
Organizational Change Management
- Led a change management workstream in support of the launch of a new Smart Meter organization for a large energy client.
- Engaged end users (editor, viewer, and mobile) across 17 divisions of a large utility client during the deployment of a GIS (geographic information systems) technology for gas maps. Built awareness and adoption across highly resistant groups by tailoring the approach to specific end users.
- Designed the change management approach for a county government IT client undergoing reorganization. Worked closely with the leadership team to effectively plan for launch.
- Developed classroom and virtual training materials for various technology platforms (GIS, SAP, etc.) using applications such as Adobe Captivate, Camtasia, and Storyline.
- Provided web-based demos of new technology for various end users at all phases of the project to promote awareness and early input to user interface design and adoption.
- Created detailed job aids customized to the workflow of the client’s employees by using relevant examples of their work.
- Our process analysis work usually dovetails with the need to further understand the customer or end-user experience, where a step-by-step view of how they work will assist with the larger project objectives and promote adoption of change.
- Prior to the full conversion of 6.5 million pages of records from paper to digital for a large utility client in California, documented the workflow of the creation and management of critical paper records across 10 work groups.
Talent and Skills Development
- Coached project sponsors and SMEs (subject matter experts) on how to be a more effective catalyst for change.
- Instilled basic consulting skills (e.g., setting agendas, running meetings) in project team.
- Modeled behavior on how to promote and lead change and prepared client team for end-user support.
- Helped define client SME roles on the project in accordance to their strengths and career development goals.
- Trained and mentored client SMEs to become experts in supporting end users over a defined period of time.
- Designed and delivered a Program Management Office for a healthcare client to deploy a portfolio of initiatives spanning across business, union, and HR.
- Led change management and training workstreams for projects such as reorganization, technology deployments, and launching new organizations.
- Developed strategic planning and process for transit client board and executive team in support of a new General Manager to the transit agency.
- Designed a strategic planning process for a U.S. federal government client, involving headquarters and regional levels of planning and approvals.