Ongoing opportunities. We look for contractors that can round out project needs as they arise on short-term basis.
We are looking for experienced program managers with a proven background working across organizational, process or technology projects for Fortune 500 clients. The focus of this position is to work with the business side of the client organization, whether it is an IT, process or reorganization project.
Project Location(s): Client location (Bay Area, but must be open to travel to other cities or states as required)
To be considered for opportunities you must:
- Be local to the Bay Area and able to be on site 5 days a week with the client (40-hour week on site and additional hours as needed).
- Be an independent consultant (Corp to Corp, 1099 or Temporary W2 as necessary).
- Have strong client references.
- Note: The client site location is considered the ‘office location’, therefore the daily commute to client site location from your home will not be reimbursable from a mileage perspective.
Requirements for the Position
- You have a minimum of 10 years of consulting and program management experience, preferably across a wide range of commercial clients (business and IT sides) on large-scale, high-impact projects.
- Experience in managing:
- Project scope: defining workstreams, roles, and scopes of work under different vendors; Utilize proven methods of keeping teams accountable for quality, on-time delivery of work.
- Cost: conducting cost projections and tracking regular costs and expenses across the team; Identifying potential risks or overruns; Reprioritization of scope across the team as needed.
- Different vendors and contracts under the same project leading specific workstreams.
- Experience in PMO activities:
- Setting up a governance and PMO structure to track and drive all workstreams across the project team.
- Identifying, documenting, and managing dependencies and deliverables across the project.
- Developing and tracking success metrics, issues, risks, and constraints.
- Documentation and regular publication of meeting notes and actions, tracking issues and resolutions, via SharePoint or other available technology.
- Maintaining and updating SharePoint site and project website – knowledge management across teams for timely information sharing and decision-making across dependencies.
- Onboarding new team members and building a process for doing so on a regular basis.
- Metrics reporting and dashboard reporting for the client executive steering committees.
- Shepherding internal client project deliverables required at all phases of the project.
- Desire and ability to roll up your sleeves and work in a team-based environment.
- Strong relationship-building skills with experience navigating political landscapes.
- Strong references required for consideration, preferably from clients or direct supervisors.
- Experienced user of Microsoft Project, Outlook, Excel, SharePoint, PowerPoint; Able to document process flows in Visio or other process mapping tools.
Note: Currently travel is in the Bay Area only, but there could be client work requiring further travel.
Please indicate the position you are applying for in the subject line and send your resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org