There are two levels of business analyst:
- Level 1 – Entry Level or promoted into role Requires 0 to 1 year of consulting experience and/or 1 to 2 years of relevant experience in the areas of: project management, presentations to stakeholders, developing communications, and working within teams.
- Level 2 – Experienced Requires 1 year of consulting experience and/or 2 years of relevant experience in the areas of: project management, presentations to stakeholders, developing communications, and working within teams.
Project Location(s): Client location (Bay Area, but there could be client work requiring further travel)
The business analyst is an entry-level consulting role. As a business analyst, you will learn about client relationship management while supporting project management activities and communications. Responsibilities include the following:
- Learn about management consulting, our services, and our brand of client service.
- Learn Nimble systems, how we work as a team, and apply it to your day-to-day work.
- Support specific client projects immediately under the direction of the Nimble team.
- Support client and Nimble meetings with strong documentation and organization of notes, follow-up actions, and research or analysis.
- With coaching and support, conduct presentations or facilitate meetings with the Nimble team and clients.
- Learn industry and consulting frameworks for guiding clients through change – client needs may vary but you will come up to speed quickly on various frameworks and the content related to the project and client to add value to the team’s success.
- Come up to speed on new tasks by investing time to learn new applications, e.g., Microsoft Suite (Outlook, OneNote, SharePoint) and tools such as Canva, Visio (process mapping), etc., as necessary.
- Be responsive to team needs (weekly priorities, owning and completing work in a timely manner, adhering to internal review cycles for client-readiness).
- Support internal operations of Nimble: recruiting, interviewing, onboarding, marketing, research, analyses or events hosted by Nimble.
- Assist with website management, event coordination, proposals or social media activities as necessary.
- Contribute to team events, team culture, and ways to improve how we work across our client locations.
Requirements for both Level 1 & 2
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Relevant experience or experience in the areas of: project management, presentations to stakeholders, developing communications, and working within teams.
- Some experience with surveys: conducting surveys, developing surveys or analyzing results.
- Demonstrated experience working in teams and groups effectively.
- Comfortable facilitating and driving meetings with a planned agenda.
- Successfully developing and managing working relationships.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent written skills (professional emails, presentations, research papers).
- Open to regular feedback from supervisors, peers, clients on deliverables, presentation style, perception management, etc.
- Good writing skills (examples of research papers, PowerPoint presentations, professional outreach or communications requested upon interview).
- Experience developing and delivering presentations for external audiences.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple priorities effectively.
- Ability to work independently.
- Attention to detail (important for client delivery purposes).
- Desire to drive your own work, take initiatives, and learn how to be part of a team.
- Project management experience.
- Demonstrated analytical skills (quantitative, qualitative).
- Support effective and efficient process improvement and business case scoping.
- Data collection, data analysis, process management, and documentation.
- Proficient in technology and adept at learning new applications and methodologies quickly.
- Demonstrated ability to learn new applications and technology.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; excellent writer and presenter.
- Must be able to be physically on-site with the Nimble team at the client location 5 days a week due to the type of consulting services we offer and our partnering approach with clients.
- Must be willing and able to travel for client work (multiple clients or multiple sites for a client).
- Strong references required for consideration, preferably from clients or direct supervisors.
Requirements for Level 2
- Demonstrated experience successfully owning and driving a scope of work for internal Nimble purposes.
- Demonstrated experience successfully owning and driving a scope of work for external client project needs.
- Demonstrating client-ready documentation consistently over a course of a year.
- Understands and can articulate how their deliverables support the larger project goals.
- Understands concepts such as “scope creep” and how to escalate appropriately to the Nimble team.
- Demonstrated experience understanding touchpoints with related projects within client environment.
Please indicate the position you are applying for in the subject line and send your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com