Ongoing opportunities. We look for contractors that can round out project needs as they arise on short-term basis.
We are looking for experienced instructional designers with a proven background working across organizational, process or technology projects for commercial and government clients.
Project Location(s): Client location (Bay Area, but must be open to travel to other cities or states as required)
To be considered for opportunities you must:
- Be local to the Bay Area and able to be on site 5 days a week with the client (40-hour week on site and additional hours as needed).
- Be an independent consultant (Corp to Corp, 1099 or Temporary W2 as necessary).
- Have strong client references.
- Note: The client site location is considered the ‘office location’, therefore the daily commute to client site location from your home will not be reimbursable from a mileage perspective.
- You will be responsible for conducting the assessment, analysis, design, development, implementation, and evaluation for the effective development, coordination, and presentation of classroom and/or virtual training for clients.
- Responsible for training and onboarding multiple teams onto new processes or technology platforms. This will include the ability to facilitate discussion on how the responsibilities and touchpoints between groups will be affected by the rollout of the new enterprise processes. Ability to document in process maps and flow diagrams.
- You will develop training content for technology deployment, conduct alpha and beta testing, and develop CBT and online training, videos, etc., for virtual learning.
- You will deliver classroom training for technology.
- Conduct all tasks of the ADDIE model (Assessment, Analysis, Design, Development, Implementation, and Evaluation) of training development.
- You are an independent consultant with a minimum of 10 years of experience in delivering training, preferably across a wide range of commercial clients and users.
- You are comfortable with stand-up classroom training for technical and non-technical audiences and are also proficient in developing web-based learning.
- You are comfortable with leading projects on your own with minimal or no guidance. We look for contractors that can round out project needs as they arise on short-term basis.
- You are an experienced training consultant and are able to analyze business and end-user needs and recommend appropriate learning solutions that include the following:
- Identify, design, and deliver company training solutions to meet business needs for a variety of internal and external customers.
- Experience developing a portfolio of deliverables (learning objectives, training plan, training manual (for instructors and participants), job aids, online tools, FAQs, surveys, etc.).
- Demonstrated experience developing technical content into intuitive learning for a variety of computer and web-based delivery channels:
- Web-based content management and authoring tools such as Camtasia, Storyline, Captivate or other software.
- Recent experience developing role-based training.
- Document user workflows as they relate to the training you are developing to best tailor the training for various audiences.
- Recent experience delivering technical training such as webinars that were either led or hosted by the instructor.
- Demonstrated experience delivering on virtual learning methods: mobile app training, eLearning, live webinars, and videos on how to learn new technologies or processes.
- Demonstrated experience delivering technical content in an intuitive learning format for a variety of delivery channels beyond the traditional classroom experience.
- Excellent writing skills with demonstrated ability to research content, work with Subject Matter Experts, and present complex information clearly.
- Technically adept with Word, PowerPoint, Excel, screen capture, recording, and web-based content management and authoring tools.
- Ability to explain training frameworks and how they have been applied in your work: ADDIE, Instructional Systems Design (ISD), etc.
- Experience with Captivate, Camtasia, Storyline or other video-recording tools.
- Experience with WordPress or website (SharePoint, Squarespace, etc.) development.
- Process mapping experience: able to document process maps and flow diagrams using Visio or PowerPoint.
Please indicate the position you are applying for in the subject line and send your resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org